RP [Sha] Doki-Doki Channel!

Someone missing~?” Maki elbowed back, her lips curved into a sharp grin. Didn’t take a trained eye to see that Shirase was definitely checking for a particular face on the other side of the counter, and she absolutely looked disappointed that she hadn’t seen the face she was hoping to see. Worthy of a little light ribbing, that’s what friends were for after all. Still, ribbing wasn’t worth much without some elbowing in the right direction. “You know, if you keep waiting around forever, someone else might work up the nerve to ask her out before you do.

Still, as fun as teasing was, the call of sweet treats was impossible to ignore, so Maki’s red eyes turned towards today’s offerings as she pulled her dark brown hair back behind her head. “Now you say Oreo, but I think I can do you one better. How about their Oreo with brownie and cookie dough chunks?” Maki turned her eyes to the cute girl behind the counter who had a little white ribbon tied into her hair, though the shop’s uniform was not flattering to her slight frame though.

Extra large, please, with whipped cream and a cherry on top.” If Shirase was going to make her pay, it was only fair she would order the tastiest thing she could wasn’t it?

[Sha]

"Yeah I will...just in time ya know?"

Slinging a ball or working out always came second nature. But people? Hieroglyphics. But would she even reciprocate? Rejection is a valley that all people must come to the edge of; stare deep into its dark abyss and wonder....is it worth traversing? She wiped off some of the sweat off her palms on her shorts. Now wasn't the time for dread. It's Ice Cream Time. Maki stepped up first and to no surprise she damn sure took advantage. What an order.

"That's an awful lot'a calories, you sure you'll be able to finish it all?" She said smugly. Gaze going over to the menu, "I wouldn't think less of you if you got something a little smaller. We are big girls now."

Scanning the options....could go for the regular. But something about today was different; a sense of new adventure around. Time to order something new. Her eyes lit up as it showed itself. "A Medium Sized Cappuccino Milkshake, whip cream at the top and little wittle Gummy Bear toppings." Fingers slithering to her back pocket pulling out an old comic-book logo'd wallet, Shirase pulled out a few bills. Tenderly placing them in the ceramic mug labeled "tips". Gotta respect your service workers.

"What's the damage?" Shirase pulled out her debit card, with a tear almost escaping an eye.

Oh, is that so? You sure you don’t want some pointers? I mean when’s the last time you actually scored a girlfriend?” Maki said, leaning close and bumping her shoulder against Shirase’s again with a sharp grin. Was it nice to tease? The answer was an easy no, but she was riding the high of victory and what else were friends for if not to push your buttons from time to time?

I appreciate the concern hon, but I’ll be just fine.” She said, patting her hip with the back of her hand. “But if you say please maybe I’ll give you a bite” She added. Behind the counter one bowl was filled with generous scoops of ice cream and bits of brownie bites before being topped with a cloud-like covering of whipped cream while another machine roared to life as a cup was filled with a silky golden goodness. The girl behind the register smiled as Shirase slipped a couple of bills in, her dull yellow eyes almost seemed to glitter.

That’ll be two thousand five hundred yen, miss.” The girl said. Maki let out a low whistle, she definitely dodged that bullet. “Will that be cash or card?

"C-card." She said, mournfully handing her card to cashier. So much for saving up for a car. "My dating life is complex! I'm still getting over my ex before I jump headfirst into that world again...as nice as it would be." Watching her own order, was like spectating a master craftsman at work. Tender care, expert decisions, and of course that irresistible aroma. Smaller scoops of Cappucino Ice-cream, gathered within the container of a blender; whole milk straight from the fridge alchemically poured with enough for that thick creamy consistency. The hum of the blender swirling around almost invoking a trance. Topping off the whip cream and little wittle gummy bears at the top. If the milkshake were a person-

DING!

A text. Quickly opening her phone something changed. The devil knew his name called. Shirases noticeable glow dulled. The screen seemingly siphoned her soul out with her eyes racing over it. A single button press, the screen shut off then whisked away to the prison of the back pocket. The glow returned, but not with the same shine. "You and I both know a 'bite' in our economies aren't equal." She gently received her order. Taking a small sip curling her lips into a satisfied smile.

"You seem to forget that in Shirase-ville we have higher tax or whatever!"

Oh? Do you want to compare paychecks?” Maki asked, resting a hand on her hip, but a grin on her lips. “Got to love the premiums for high risk powers” Maki added with a roll of her eyes. Anything for the channel to squeeze a few more dollars out of a girl, can’t let anything impact that bottom line.

Let’s not worry about it today, I’ll pay for pizza later.” Maki said, picking up her ice cream. How heavenly that aroma of sugar and cream, why worry about finances right now? “And you did well in your placement exam right? You might get a raise you know.” No point in feeling down when they had sweet treats to enjoy.

I think they’re taking applications for the pinup calendar if you’re looking for extra cash.” Maki added with a laugh as she picked up a spoon.

"Yeah so lucky you were absolutely blessed with property damage specialty. Realtors must looooooove you." Picking up her order right after Maki, Shirase ensured to grab a paper straw on the way out. Stabbing the gummy bear habitat whip cream at the top, taking a nice soft slurp. Mmmmm!
They never disappoint.

"I did better but not enough to scrape the top...one day though. If I keep up my training, I'll make it in no time! "Another gleeful slurp and a wipe away from the corner of her mouth. Receiving their orders, they were ready to head off to their original destination and conquer the night.

"Last year I skipped but...circumstances are pushing me towards it. Could do it together, imagine!" Shirase wrapped an arm around her friends shoulders. "Investors are gonna be clawing at our doors." You could almost see her eyes nearly turn into dollar signs.

Tastes like heaven,” Maki sighed, resting a hand on her cheek as the silky smooth ice cream melted on her tongue. Just one taste was enough to help you forget about the heat! Well, until your ice cream began to melt, but that just meant you needed to eat a little faster, right? It wouldn’t be too far of a walk to the arcade, so there shouldn’t be too much melt anyway.

Well, there’s always next time right?” Maki said with a shrug. She doubted she was going to see much of a bump in her own position anyway, maybe if she kept from making realtors happy for a month she could afford the premium cup noodles.

Ooh? Might be worth a shot then.” Maki said, resting a hand on Shirase’s shoulder as she led the duo out the door. “But only if we can get a duo shoot, I’m not going to embarrass myself on my own.” Still, the thought of extra pocket money was an enticing siren song, and even if they weren’t in her eyes they were definitely playing in her mind. Was it too late to try to get a gig as an office lady?

Abstantly, Maki raised her ice cream to her lips to lick away the melting treat as they neared the arcade, and a pair of rather punkishly dressed girls with some heavy eyeliner and looking to kick up some trouble took notice of them.

"Well. Well. Well. What's all this? Surely you were thoughtful enough to get us some too girls?" One of the punks croaked. Obnoxious neon green over-gelled spikes, a patched denim vest, the heavy stench of cigarettes....and a very punchable bucktoothed smirk. "Oooh is that Oreo, how'd you know that was my favorite?" She pointed at Maki's well-earned dessert. Taking a bravado fueled step forward, with the other hand gently placed on her friend's shoulder.

"Sharing is caring after all."

Shirases heart was quick to burn ablaze. Her fist clenched bone cracking tight. These bitches...

Oh yeah? What do you think Shirase do I have enough?” Maki brought her cone up to her lips as she spoke and gave the ice cream a nice lick. If these punks wanted to start some trouble then she would assert her own dominance. She was the one with the ice cream after all. “I’ll tell you what, maybe if you ask nicely you can have a lick, because I’m so nice.

I don’t know about that.” The second punk, the one wearing a fishnet top and a pair of heavy leather boots said, taking a step forward to be even with her friend. “If you didn’t bring enough for everyone then you should just hand that over now.” She said with a sneer, holding her hand out.

Back