Closed Silythus Tower, Inc.

This request is currently closed and not accepting new users.

Stitches

Resident Witch
Staff member

To Whomever Has Been Chosen,

Hello, and welcome candidate! You have been selected as one of the few among the many who have applied for this position to undergo a temporary internship so that we may see you in a working environment. You will assist our current executives and their teams in their daily tasks, and while doing so, come to have a better understanding of our company and what we do.

We understand that none of our current candidates recall submitting applications or attending interviews. This is perfectly normal, and part of the hiring process! For the duration of this letter, we will explain to you what will be expected of you, and what you should have with you on your first day at the job.

As previously stated, you will assist our executives and their teams throughout your internship here. You will all be divided up equally among our four heads of departments. If you are assigned Mrs. Emily Brownstone, you will report to Design. If you are asked to report to Mr. Doryn Brine, you will promptly make your way to Sales. If Ms. Rain Lejion requests you, you will report to Finances. And finally, if you are told to see Mr. Leon Malach, you will find your way to the Technology studio. You will assist your department head in any way they request, from assisting on currently active projects to retrieving coffee and items from the warehouse.

You will be required to bring a few things with you. The completed form, attached to this letter, as well as your photo ID and the first memory you have of your mother or father. If you have no memories of your parents, you may substitute this with your first happy memory. You must bring your own phone, which we programmed all-important numbers into on your last visit. You may wear any clothes of your choosing, though we highly recommend loose-fitting and easily maneuverable articles. Steel-toed boots or SWAT boots are recommended, should you work with Mr. Malach. Things we recommend regardless of department, but do not require: a UV-rated face shield, electrocution-proof gloves, a raincoat, galoshes, and a knife of at least 5” but not to exceed 8”.

Please keep in mind that we will only be asking four of you to stay on and join the company. Put your best foot forward, and let's make some magic. We are happy to have you here at Silythus Tower, Inc.

Madam Anastasia Mikhailov, CEO
Mrs. Emily Brownstone, Design and Interfacing
Mr. Doryn Brine, Sales and Strategy
Ms. Rain Lejion, Finances and Asset Protection
Mr. Leon Malach, Technology and Development

OOC:
Hi everyone! Welcome to Silythus Tower, Inc! Where you can help make a world a better place. Below, you will find the requirements for sheets. Feel free to include as much, or as little, as you would like otherwise.

Name:
Department Preference:
Skills, Professional:
Skills, Unprofessional:
Equipment:
Licenses and Degrees:
Biography:
Appearance:

Name: Doctor Eunice Matilda Manderly (don't refer to her as Doctor)
Department: HR
Years With The Company: 15
Skills, Professional: Certified psychotherapist and counselor with specialties in work productivity, interpersonal communication, stress management and complex trauma
Skills, Unprofessional: Shoulder to cry on, listening ear, excellent coffee brewer.

Equipment: NA
Licenses and Degrees: Doctorate in Psychology
Biography: Eunice was born in Saskatoon Canada, immigrating to the United States in 1970 due to States
dfjk;;f;dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddfdjddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddaf;lkgl;ejglfddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Appearance:

1719181060729.png

Name: Lawrence "Laurie" Phillips

Department Preference: I'd fill out "any," but I have this new year's resolution to make up my mind. So... Design, Finance. (My short experiments in tech have gotten me nowhere, might as well try something new.)

Skills, Professional: Convenience store management experience; home repair/construction; stocking, categorization, and organization.

Skills, Unprofessional: Quick to pick up on tasks, good at following instructions; a decent left hook; fondness for cats; a patient ear for listening.

Equipment: Slicker, swamp boots, protective electrical gloves, 7" Bowie knife (heirloom), 1 business casual outfit (formerly considered "formalwear" until arrival in NYC and including cowboy boots and an ascot), 3 dailywear outfits.

Licenses and Degrees: Can operate a forklift. Driver's license. High school diploma, completed general education courses at Louisiana State (Baton Rouge campus) but could not settle on a B.A. course, so dropped out. Started electrical trade school; dropped out.

Biography: I've spent my whole life here, you know? Louisiana. I've moved around the state, taken up odd things to do on a whim, but it's not like I've ever had more of a chance to "find myself" or whatever somewhere else. I'm willing to try it now, sure. The alternative's to stay in a cabin in the woods my whole life living off my grandparents' inheritance. Hope can have the cabin - she'll do something nice with it, and if this falls through I'll have that to look forward to. Mom and Dad were actually kind of excited. It's been a while since I've applied anywhere, not after the New Orleans fiasco. The last in a long series of promising dead ends. Just because I don't remember applying or talking to nobody about this doesn't mean I wouldn't tell them I got the internship, and man was Dad happy to hear that it's paid. Not sure what I want from this experience, but there's only one way to find out.

Appearance: Longer orange hair (ponytail or worn down and brushed), and bright green eyes. Average height, somewhat lightweight. Small features on a sharp, freckled face. Septum piercing and pierced ears.

Laurie.png

Last edited:
Name: Emma Kwon-Atkinson

Department Preference: Sales

Skills, Professional: Soft-pitch and hard-pitch tactics, establishing open dialogue, targeted applications of models in a social environment. Managerial experience in a people-oriented university capstone project emulating the delivery insourced solutions to relevant client problems.

(It's all meaningless, but the hiring managers like it.)

Skills, Unprofessional: Keeping things together. Keeping everything together. Detail-oriented, problem fixated.

(People are just problems.)

Good with people, good at learning people, good at understanding people.

(You can't solve them as easily, though.)

She keeps every environment she's in as neat and orderly as possible. She keeps her mind neat and orderly as well.

("Guided Meditation", Sati Sorbek. Read it. Happy space, happy head.)

Sees through bullshit. Tells it like it is. Really, really, really doesn't like getting lied to.

Equipment: Companies are required under federal law to provide equipment mandatory to the job, and to provide any personal protective equipment necessary to avoid exposure to workplace hazards, or to provide reimbursement if said equipment is purchased at cost to the employee.

(It's the law. Not bringing anything in until I know I'm getting my money back.)

Licenses and Degrees: MBA

Biography:

Emma was born to succeed.

But being born to succeed doesn't mean having it given to you - it just means having the opportunity. There's still a lot of dedication needed on your part, too.

At age eight, she was already keeping a schedule. At age ten, she was in fifteen extracurriculars. Network, network, network. Pick up on every skill you have the option to - if you're sitting around doing nothing, you're not in control of your life. You're just being lazy. Pathetic. Useless. You need to strive for more, spend your time like money, and expect to get a good investment in return.

(At fourteen, she picked up smoking.)

At sixteen, she had applications out for every Ivy League. At eighteen, Harvard, full ride. Tennis scholarship. See? Hobbies pay. She worked her ass off for six years. Some kids became doctors, some kids became lawyers.

She was gonna be the person doctors and lawyers worked for.

(Or fucking die trying.)

Appearance:

Last edited:

Silythus Tower, Inc. Test Variant - ver. 1.0

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Testing - "Philosopher"

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Good character on this one. Too close to serif?

Testing = "Space Grotesk"

Legible, too austere? Quotation marks are unfortunate.

Testing - "Signika Negative"

Heavy, uninspired.

#FFF536 - #FFF536
#170802 - #170802
#506930 - #506930

Silythus needs a photo, this one?

Silythus Tower, Inc. Test Variant - ver. 2.0

To Whom It May Concern?

Attn: Mme Anastasia Mikhailov, Mrs. Emily Brownstone?

Silythus Tower, Inc., c/o Hiring Manager?

Thank you for reviewing my application to [position?]. I was pleased to meet [?] with [???] and [???] on [Date?] regarding my employment. I was impressed by the [detail from interview?] at your company and am pleased to accept the position.

Silythus Tower, Inc., c/o Hiring Manager

Thank you for your consideration of my application to your corporation. On review of the acceptance letter graciously provided, I understand that memory loss regarding the application and interview process is expected. I would be interested at some later date to review my candidacy with the hiring team and discover what part of my application most recommended myself to your team, so that I may better focus my skills as an asset to Silythus Tower, Inc.

In the meantime, please find attached the requested information. If there is anything else I can provide, I can be reached at this email address.

With my best regards,
Giselle Hart

Name: Giselle Vivian Hart

Department Preference: Design

Skills, Professional: Artistic concept design, web design, QA (interfacing and design), font design

Skills, Unprofessional: Fluency (German), Dance (ballet)

Equipment: NA

Licenses and Degrees: Licenses: Photoshop, Illustrator, Procreate. Degree: BA Artistic Design

Biography: I was born in a suburb of New York. My father was a theater director, and my mother was a ballet dancer and an Austrian immigrant. I grew up learning arts and dance, and opted in to a specialized arts academy for middle and high school. My creative passions tend more towards art and design, especially painting. I achieved a collegiate degree in the arts and have been working as a freelance artist for the last decade.

Appearance:

Name: Vincent Fletcher

Department Preference: Finances and Asset Protection

Skills, Professional: Investigative skills, Firearms expertise, and tracking.

Skills, Unprofessional: Unethical knowledge of legal loopholes, breaking and entering, borderline unhealthy hyper focus, and can make a killer old fashioned.

Equipment: disassembled 38. special revolver, very stained beige trench coat, Swiss Army knife (a big one) an empty leather bifold wallet, 1940’s looking cigarette case and an American flag zippo lighter.

Licenses and Degrees: Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology with a minor in fine arts. Nearly expired License to Carry.

Biography: Vince came from somewhere on the east coast doing… something he isn’t too keen on sharing. He attended a private college who only refers to as MKU and has merch to “prove” it. Ever since an incident he’s been something of a vagabond until winding up here. Truthfully he isn’t even sure how and doesn’t care to ask.

Appearance: Vince is 5,10 and has fairly stocky build. He always wears his horribly stained beige trench coat and wrinkled button down with a dark red scarf. His hair and beard are unkempt but fairly short. His eyes are equal parts cold and manic and he always smells of cigarette smoke and cheap whiskey. He’s got a lot of scars on his hands which tend to quiver slightly when he’s not holding something. Overall he seems friendly but it’s clear he’s a barely held together mess.

Attachments

• IMG_4606.png
    IMG_4606.png
    323.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4608.jpeg
    IMG_4608.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back