Closed RP OH I'M FEELIN' IT

This RP is currently closed.

Sam didn’t struggle as the woman pulled her back and away from the train, though she did reach her arm out, as if she could reach M and stop her from what she was about to do. She watched as the small woman jumped in front of the train and winced as a spray, a fine mist of red, emitted from where she had been. She breathed heavily in the other woman’s arms and looked down, her eyes closing slowly.

She hated when she couldn’t save them, even if they were horrible people. She had caused enough death in her time, so she made up for it by trying her hardest to save people now. She looked back up at the train, wondering if she could have kicked off with a hot enough blast of air, wondering if she could have knocked M out of the way in time. Or maybe carried her through the jump to the other side. Would she have been fast enough?

The more she thought about it, the more she realized that the answer was no.

She let herself relax in the woman’s arms and sighed. “I would have jumped for her. Thank you for stopping me. We should go back and make sure everyone is alright.”

The resignation in her voice was hard to miss. She felt guilty, like the fact that she hadn’t been fast enough, even with her enhanced speed and how quickly she had almost caught up to the woman anyway, was somehow her direct fault. Not the fault of circumstances, but directly her own. She took a deep and even breath. She needed to not blame herself. She carried enough guilt, and M had made the choice to run in front of an oncoming train.

There was realistically nothing Sam could have done differently. She had tried to talk her down, tried to take her out, and she had managed to avoid casualties in the bank. She had done what she could. She breathed out.

“Really. Thank you.”

Reactions: Ira
Back