45 KILOS

AB+

AUBURN, 1B

GREEN

20/20

RIGHT
SECTION Nº2: OVERVIEW
I. DIRECTOR NOTES
Special Agent Valerie Hawthorne sent out another memo to the office last week requesting that we refer to her as “Vesta”, again. If it weren’t for the fact that she is remarkably bright and seems to be the only partner that can tolerate Special Agent Carver for longer than two months, she wouldn’t have been long for the unit. She does provide a much needed balance to Carver’s approach. It’s beyond me, but people seem to like her.

While I would much rather reassign her to some office in Montana to avoid having to speak to her again, Special Agent Hawthorne is required to remain in the MBAU. While doing routine testing at the beginning of her employment, her examining doctor noted a significantly higher than average frequency of gamma waves on her EEG. The findings were confirmed by a neurologist with higher clearance. The current assumption is that Special Agent Hawthorne could potentially be a latent metahuman. For that reason, we assigned her to be Special Agent Carter’s partner.

We do not consider her to be of great promotion material, and although her performance is good, it is nothing outstanding. She has received several verbal reprimandations, although we have no write ups on her record. All instances were in regard to her sending direct correspondences to the entire division, or otherwise sending baseless memos. For the time being, we’ve removed her ability to send department wide messages and haven’t told her. As bright as she is, it’s been a month and she hasn’t seemed to notice. While several of us find her personally frustrating to engage with, there’s no denying that she is, at least at this time, valuable.
-Deputy Director of Homeland Security, Terrance Howard

SECTION Nº3: ADDENDUM
You’re a fucking curse, Valerie. God, I hate you. I can’t stand to look at you. You fuck up everything you do.

“I can’t believe she said that to you.”

“Ha, well, everyone who knew her thought the same thing. They thought it was really horrible of me that I skipped her funeral, especially because I inherited everything. My aunt was furious that she couldn’t get anything from me. Even more so when I sold the house.”

“How soon after that did your mother die?”

“The next day.”

“I’m sorry, did you say the next day?”

“Oh, yes. The next day.”

“Are those the last words she ever said to you?”

“Yeah, it was brutal. I had a hard time with it for a few years. I got through it, though, and I don't really think about it that much anymore.”

“Then why are you bringing it up now.”

“... Because I think she might have been right about one thing.”

“There’s nothing she said that could have possibly been true.”

“See, I don’t think any of those horrible things she said are true.”

“I don’t think I’m following.”

“I think I am a curse.”

END DOCUMENT
AGENT DOSSIER - FILE Nº H-619-I
FILE COPY - DO NOT DISTRIBUTE - MRT DOSSIER ENCLOSED

Back