Expo Heavy is the Head

Ban Bean

Bite my tongue, bide my time
Wearing a warning sign

Alissa Lark was a patient person. She had tolerated a lot of abuse before she had snapped, and she liked to attribute that to her agreeable nature. Agreeable enough to spend years in prison, wasting away when all around her was metal. A means of escape. But no, she’d endured it on the hope if she played nice, behaved, maybe she’d get out of prison sooner and rebuild her life.
That had been a fucking joke. No one hires a murderer. A convict. Not to mention everyone in her small town of Venice knew what she was and what she had done. They had known why, but had never bothered to help her. Alissa couldn’t blame them, she’d been complacent as well until she finally killed her husband. She hadn’t done anything wrong, but yet her life was ruined. And that is what led her to Pittsburg.

Wait 'til the world is mine
Visions I vandalize
Cold in my kingdom size
Fell for these ocean eyes

Theres an old adage Alissa had taken to heart since she had been released.
If you wanna hit the king, you gotta kill the king.
Alissa had taken time to kill that quiet, kind part of herself. Working as a waitress, stealing equipment, putting pieces together through internet articles and newsclippings- if she ever found Arcane Eye she’d let them live. They seemed alright. At the very least the internet sensation had been helpful.
But every other damned vigilante would get no quarter.

You should see me in a crown
I'm gonna run this nothing town
Watch me make 'em bow
One by one by one
One by one by

They say your first murder is the hardest, but for Alissa it had been easy. A second or third would pose her no issue when she saw the light leave their eyes. She tracked her quarry for a week, watching his movements closely. He was a new fresh thing on the streets. Wild and untested.
And then one damp Friday night she struck.
The poor meta was unable to match the power of metal and magnetism with his hydrokinesis. The fight had been brutal, but quick. He sent jets of water and ice her way, dousing her, and attempting to drown her, but Alissa was fast and efficient, catching his ankle with her chain, and dragging him across the rough terrain without mercy, before calmly flicking a nail with immense speed and accuracy into his skull. And he went still.

Your silence is my favorite sound
Watch me make 'em bow

The metas skull bleed and cracked as Alissa twisted and contorted barbed wire through his bone and dura mater, blood pooling around the dozens of wounds as she wove her metal wreath. Cruel, but necessary. This wasn’t a murder, it was a message. One that every vigilante needed to be aware of before they took on such a mantle. Such responsibility. Such folly.
Alissa would kill them all. Every last vigilante, corrupt meta, dirty cop and asshole.

One by one by one
One by one by one

The world feared meta vigilantes, and for too long they had gotten away with it. They needed to know the terror, the anxiety of living in fear of those more powerful. They wrongly assumed they would be allowed to continue to beat down civillians and deal out pain and violence without oversight, as if judge, jury and executioner. No longer.
If they wanted to hit the king, they now had to kill the king. And heavy was the head...

Back